What is J/Secure?
J/Secure™ is a personal authentication service with a number of different possible usage scenarios. The service can be used for internet shopping with participating merchants to prevent unauthorized card use by verifying the user's identity through additional data, such as device information, or requiring a password.
This service does not require the use of any special software. All you need is your JCB card.
In order to use J/Secure, you have to register as a user.
For details on the user registration process, see the instructions for your particular credit card issuer.
- Access the J/Secure registration page for your credit card issuer.
- Enter all required information, such as your JCB card number and expiration date.
- Specify your "Personal Message" to be displayed when purchasing products online.
- Specify the password you want to use for ID authentication when purchasing items online.
- Wait for a notice from your JCB card issuer informing you that the registration process has been completed.